Springfield Florist Supply was founded in 1927 by John & Rose DellaTorre. John, at the age of 15, emigrated from Melo, Italy by himself in order to avoid WWI. He started as a brick layer and he saved enough money to purchase some land in Brattleboro, Vermont and a Model-T Ford. With those two assets he harvested greens and delivered them to markets in New York and Chicago. In the 1940’s John expanded the business by purchasing a competitors flower shop with greenhouses. Together John & Rose started to grow carnations, pomp’s, mums & seasonal potted plants to expand his product line for wholesale and retail use in their flower shop. The two of them built the foundation of Springfield Florist Supply on hard work & customer service. Their son Robert “Bob” continued growing the business using the same philosophy as his parents. The tradition continues to this day with the third generation running the business. Since our founding in 1927, Springfield Florist Supply has built and maintained relations with our vendors and customers. As the floral industry has evolved, so has Springfield Florists Supply. Approximately 90% of our flowers are purchased direct from individual farms, both domestic and international. We continually are in search for products from growers, large and small, who specialize in specific or new varieties of flowers. We are not the biggest cut flower distributor in New England yet we have an undisputed presence in the industry.
WHY SPRINGFIELD FLORIST SUPPLY
To provide our floral & wedding professionals with superior quality products, the best customer service and the most experienced & knowledgeable sales team.
YOUR SALES ASSOCIATE
- Is a seasoned floral designer who has prior retail environment experience, with an average of over 30 years’ experience?
- Will work directly with you to meet all of your floral needs, and is as concerned about your order as you are.
- Personally will select & inspect product to make sure that they meet our quality standards.
- They will follow your order from start to finish keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Works closely with purchasing to convey your needs & procure the best product for your event or wedding.
- Current and up to date with the newest trends & flower varieties.
- Most importantly, helpful in making suggestions for substitutions when product is unavailable.
- We process & hydrate most flowers with in one day of arrival to preserve the quality and increase longevity of our product.
- When possible we will have flowers shipped to us in water rather than dry pack.
- We check our coolers daily to remove inventory that does not meet our quality standards.
- We maintain excellent relationships with a network of farms who are reliable growers and share our commitment to provide superior quality flowers.